Tune in to the Disney Parks Podcast this week to check out our picks for the 100 Disney foods and drinks you should put on your bucket list! We welcome special guests Chip from Chip & Co.com and Sarah Norris of Gluten Free and Dairy Free at Walt Disney World!
Click HERE to learn more about our relationship with the Disney Parks Podcast!
Click HERE to find out how YOU can win an autographed copy of Marty Sklar’s new book called Dream it! Do it!
Highlights of the interview include:
- Zebra domes – they are not made from parts of real zebra
- The names of all the ovens at Via Napoli (they are named after the 3 active volcanos in Italy!)
- Are you still gluten free if the chicken you eat has gluten in it’s food…and what is turkey milk?
- How to get a low-carb burger at Beaches and Cream
- Your exclusive invitation to Sarah’s fireworks dessert party – and your opportunity to punch Chip in the face!
- We close with some of Chip’s BEST Disney tips
By the way – my friend Wendy has an awesome site with over 100 ACTIVITIES you should have on your Disney bucket list! You can check out her site HERE.
Yes, you read that right. Taking a hint from the huge success of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, food kiosks will be added in the World Showcase in 2013 during Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. What does this mean? Well, we will get to try some delicious new foods and beverages as we stroll around to see Disney characters in topiary, and rock out to the Flower Power Concert series (among other things!).
I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this – but if a picture speaks a thousand words…
This is how I feel.
Don’t worry – there are no squirrels on the menu.
Instead, Epcot chefs have some other things in mind.
Some highlights will include:
- Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew in the American Adventure
- Primavera Kitchen in the Italy pavilion
- Hanami in the Japan pavilion
- Florida Fresh -in the World Showcase Promenade
Menu items will include:
- Shrimp with grits
- Zellwood corn
- Angel food cake with macerated Florida berries
- Watermelon salad with pickled red onions
- Feta cheese and balsamic reduction
- Sweet “frushi” made with fresh fruits and coconut rice.
Specialty drinks will include:
- Dole Whip with Spiced Rum
- Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (non-alcoholic)
- Wild Berry Slush (non-alcoholic)
Tip: Need a map so you can plan your snack attack? Click here for a link to all of them from WDWInfo.com
What are your thoughts on these menu items?