March 6 – May 19, 2013 is the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival where you can celebrate the great outdoors!
Every weekend during this special time you can catch a Festival tradition, the Flower Power Concert Series. Head over to the Festival Center, where you can experience a demonstration led by HGTV personalities or get tips from Epcot gardening experts. Be sure to visit Festival Center located in Innoventions East for all the details!
Don’t want to look at a map? Let someone else be your guide!
The Gardens of the World Tour is only offered on select days during Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival
Everywhere you look at the Walt Disney World Resort, the trees, shrubs and flowers play a vital role in setting the stage for recreation, entertainment and beauty. Disney landscaping has become a recognized show in itself, providing color and enjoyment throughout the year. Did you know that only during the Flower and Garden Festival – you can book a tour of all this beauty?
The Gardens of the World Tour gives participants the chance to study the various gardens of Epcot with one of the experts responsible for helping maintaining it all.
Your “horticultural instructor” will turn Epcot into a living classroom. Discover how seeds are planted and design ideas take root to produce extraordinary botanical backdrops, imaginative themed areas and topiaries of some of your favorite Disney characters. Your guide will describe the basic process of plant design and how it is incorporated in the landscape for the World Showcase pavilions. Find will even find out how you can design and theme your own home gardens.
Here’s more about what will happen on the tour.
- Study the five principles of the Disney horticulture program.
- Examine the role of landscaping at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Discuss ways to adapt the Disney landscaping techniques at home.
- Discover how landscaping helps develop a theme.
- Explore plant materials and gardening techniques in World Showcase.
The beauty of each country’s traditional landscaping makes this tour an extraordinary introduction to the World Showcase nations!
Prices are subject to change, but this year you can take the tour for $63.90 including tax. That price also includes a pin and a poster for you to take home.
Book online or call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687 for exact schedule.
Know Before You Go (Here’s the fine print.)
- Guests are not allowed to carry backpacks, camera bags, duffle bags or large bags during the tour. Fanny packs and purses are allowed. Lockers are available for bags for a nominal fee (not included in price of tour).
- For safety reasons, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes, such as sneakers, are required for this experience. No sandals, open-toe or open-heel shoes will be permitted. Guests should wear comfortable shoes as there will be periods of walking and standing.
- Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Guests must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid photo ID.
- Please check in outside the Epcot Main Entrance 15 minutes prior to the start of your experience. You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
Please let us know if you will be taking this very special tour!
- 2013 Epcot Flower and Garden Fest Designers – What do they look like again? (disneyways.com)
- 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival “Flower Power” Concert line-up (disneyways.com)
- Food and Wine Festival 2013 Dates Announced (disneyways.com)