Looking for a something different and fun to look forward to?
How about making a dining reservation now for either The Whispering Canyon Cafe or Artist Point over at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge?
You do not have to have park tickets or be a guest at any Disney resort if you want to get your Disney fix. Make a reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe or Artist Point by calling 407-WDW-Dine.. When you arrive at the resort, you can park for free. Just let the guard know you have a dining reservation and he will wave you through. Before or after your delicious meal – you can pick up a park map at the front desk, enjoy the Lodge’s version of “Old Faithful”, gaze at the sparkling pool, sit on a comfy couch in the lobby – even catch some classic Disney cartoons playing on the hidden TV in the lobby. If you are like my sisters…you will want to take a nice walk after your meal. Here’s a fun activity for your walk…you can look for some of these OFFICIAL Hidden Mickeys! This is EXTRA fun if you have kids in tow. Tip: Print this and take your list along!
There are 14 individual hidden Mikeys located in the common areas alone, including one in a fireplace screen:
- Artist Point, right-hand mural—coloration of lower right-hand tree varies creating shape
- Artist Point—cloud in the distance of the left-hand mural
- Lobby—in a key on display between the front desk and Mercantile merchandise shop
- Lobby—right-hand side of fireplace just below the red rocks
- Mercantile—outside, the bus driver on the sign showing the resort transportation location
- Outside entrance—right, inside support post below iron band at top
- Outside entrance—right, outside support post below iron band at top
- Territory Lounge—colored area on rear end of a pony in mural on ceiling
- Territory Lounge—map at the entrance, one of the pots about two feet from the bottom
- Whispering Canyon Cafe—in bottom ironwork of fireplace in back room