Disney Royal Babies are so fun! Let’s take a walk down memory lane and reminisce about 8 of our favorite Disney monarchs in their younger days.
Let’s begin with beautiful little Tiana as a toddler!
She was not a Princess quite yet in this photo – but with her paper crown and a wish on a star – she was well on her way!
Bless my soul – Herc still had his (baby) rolls!
Hercules was a demigod in Ancient Greece, pretty close to being a royal – right? Besides…this photo of little baby Herc is just so cute!
Bambi’s dad was called the”great prince” of the forest. Here is Bambi as a fawn – just about ready to begin walking in his Dad’s royal footsteps!
He would grow up to be the king of the jungle!
Health to the Princess Aurora!
Princess Aurora was born to a King and Queen, betrothed, eventually married to her Prince! The whole kingdom arrived when she was born – she’s (kind of) a big deal don’t you think?
Simba and Nala
Shown here as a cuddly little lion cub – he just couldn’t WAIT to be king! Already hanging out with his beautiful future queen – baby Nala!
Already beautiful with her sassy big hair – here is marvelous Merida! Officially coronated in 2013 – she is certainly a Princess known for being the most gifted sports – like in archery!
Despite being kidnapped as a baby, Punzy still managed to grow in grace and was always a princess at heart.
All photos are credit Disney including the awesome one below! Can you name some Royal Babies of Disney that we might have missed?
A scandalous Simba? Could it really be true? Read these top 7 things you may not know about the Lion King – and judge for yourself.
7. When Simba collapses on the cliff, it appears that the pollen that flies off the cliff forms the word “sex,” but it was actually “SFX,” the abbreviation for the special-effects team that worked on the film.
6. In early script drafts, Scar was not related to Mufasa. However, the writers thought making the two related would be more interesting.
5. Initially, the reason an adult Nala wandered so far from Pride Rock was supposed to be because Scar had banished her for ignoring his romantic advances.
4. James Earl Jones (Mufasa) and Madge Sinclair (Sarabi) were also the king and queen in Coming to America.
3. Reportedly, the “Be Prepared” scene was inspired by footage of Nazis marching by Adolf Hitler on a podium.
2. “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” was originally written as a song for Mufasa titled “To Be King.” It was reworked after they discovered the song didn’t work with James Earl Jones’ singing voice.
1. Pumbaa is the first Disney character to ever fart.
Info and Photo credit – BuzzFeed.com
Click here to read the top 5 things you may not know about Divine!
Why do we think the animators felt that the Blue Fairy was sexy?
Check out – Cinderella . She has some secrets too!
Monday I was at Diseny’s Animal Kingdom and we stopped in to catch the Lion King show. I’ve probably seen it a hundred times. It never fails however…the lights dim, the music starts…and I’m covered in goose bumps. My eyes well up with tears and the next thing I know I’m looking around, embarrassed, and casually trying to wipe my tears away hoping that nobody sees me.
I think there are two reasons for my visceral reaction to this show. The music touches my soul, AND the movie came out right about the same time I had my first child in July of 1994. My baby was a surprise – but he was also the most beautiful and wonderful thing that ever happened to me. I think when I hear the music and see images of the Lion King it just brings all those feelings back.
Tonight, thanks to my family, I get to go see the Lion King Broadway version at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center. I doubt they even know how much it means to me. I will bring my tissues and practice wiping my tears inconspicuously…LOL
Here’s a link to some cool video of the show.