It’s hard for me to believe I am even writing this, but yes, it’s true! We were very fortunate that the awesome Julie Nathanson, current speaking and singing voice of Disney’s Princess Belle agreed to come on the Disney Parks Podcast as our very special guest. Julie is warm, sassy, funny, and she has so many wonderful qualities that you would probably expect from Princess Belle herself. There is so much feminist controversy over the Disney Princesses and my very favorite part of the interview was hearing Julie put into words how she feels about Belle, and why Belle’s character is a wonderful example for young girls. Julie has such a beautiful way of expressing herself that I admire so very much.
More great moments during the interview include:
- The story of how Julie got a part on a soap opera, which one it was, and what character she played
- What it has been like to be the voice of Belle, and how she got the job
- Julie sharing how she feels about filling the shoes of the amazing Paige O’Hara (the original voice of Belle)
- There is so much MORE to Julie besides playing Belle and it’s awesome to learn how versatile she has been in her career. Some of her other roles may surprise you!
- I couldn’t sweet talk Julie into singing for us on the air but you can click HERE to hear a sample of her singing as Belle on iTunes
- The always exciting rapid fire questions!
Here are some ways to tune in:
You can catch Julie’s episode by visiting DisneyParksPodcast.com directly from your computer. Look for the small grey circle with the sideways white triangle inside. Click on that circle and make sure your speakers are on. The show will begin immediately.
Please head over to iTunes and subscribe! This will give you access to each episode as soon as it is released.