I’ve been called many things but “refined” and “cultured” aren’t adjectives that have been used very often. That’s probably one reason why the Festival of the Masters has not really been on my radar until this year. One of my friends is really excited about this event because she is a person who really appreciates fine art. She is also an AMAZING artist herself! So, of course, I will be heading to check out the Festival this year and I am really excited to share this experience with her (and you!) . Perhaps some of her “culture” will rub off on me!
Besides – many activities, as well as parking at Downtown Disney are FREE! That’s a great price if you ask me!
“The 37th Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels is a vibrant, open-air fine arts festival in the Downtown Disney area, held November 9-11, 2012. Featuring award-winning artists, this world-renowned show is a highly anticipated annual event for Guests, artists, collectors and art lovers.
Discover fun for the entire family, including:
Dazzling displays of one-of-a-kind and limited-edition painting, photography, sculpture, jewelry and more
Hands-on activities for Guests of all ages and interests
Live musical performances
Unique shopping opportunities—from fine art to Disney collectibles
Whether you’re seeking a colorful day amid Disney magic or a spectacular piece for your personal collection, you’ll discover a variety of delightful experiences at Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels.
• Family Interactive Activities:
o Disney Interactive –Showcasing Epic Mickey and the Power of 2
o Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop – Kids can make their own Sundae magnet.
o LEGO® – Join in the fun as you help a real LEGO Master Builder to construct an 8-ft tall Hulk™ model for the first time!
o Rainforest Cafe® – Experience the joy of watching tropical birds as they perform for you
• NEW! Emerging Masters – Get a glimpse of more than 30 up-and-coming artists as they display their unique talents.
• The Florida Chalk Artists Association – Street Painters from the Florida Chalk Artists Association will cover over 1,000 square feet of sidewalk! The awards ceremony will take place on Sunday at 3pm at the Waterside Stage
• Art of Disney – Our flagship store at the Marketplace full of art from the Disney Masters! Artist appearances will be scheduled throughout the weekend. In addition, this location will present a unique offering by artist Dave Avanzino, giving them the opportunity to have their name made into a custom art using letters found around the Disney Theme Parks
• Michaels® – Make It Take It – Duct Tape Craft – Who knew duct take could be this fun? Visit the Michaels exhibit near the Waterside Stage to create your very own luggage tag take home craft.
• Disney Artist Village – This location will be immersed with character art created by our own Disney Masters from Disney Design Group, Yellow Shoes, WDI, Acme Archives Limited and local Disney licensed artists. See original works of art, giclées, prints, one-of-a-kind Vinylmation and the opportunity to meet the artists behind the creativity
• Michaels® Master Mural – It’s your turn to take center stage in the creation of this Disney masterpiece! Join the Michaels team as together we bring to life a masterful work of art…piece by piece!
• Fuego – Come play dominoes! Three custom domino tables will be available for play
• Curl – See several artists create a masterpiece on a pair of TOMS shoes
• Irish Artwork at Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant – Check out the designs of Graham Knuttle, a renowned Irish painter and sculptor.
• Michaels® – Make-it Take-it – Mickey Ear Wood Framing Experience – It’s time to get creative! Design and take home your very own Mickey Ear Wood Frame with a personalized artistic touch. Let your imagination take the wheel with this fun experience designed for families and children of all ages.
• D-Street – Home of Disney Vinylmation; a uniquely shaped three dimensional pallet with creative design from many of our talented Disney artists. Whether you collect or trade, make sure you stop by to see the newest collections
• Cirque du Soleil – Complimentary face painting by a La Nouba artist Friday and Saturday noon – 4pm and live performances by La Nouba performers 4:00pm to 4:30pm
• House of Blues® Folk Art Festival – See grassroots and funk art at its finest, presented by approximately 35 local and national folk artists.
• Disney Art Tent – View a variety of art styles featuring beloved Disney Characters, presented by featured artists.”